Intro to Computer Science: Web Design (HTML, CSS)
In Intro to Computer Science: Web Design, students plan and prototype an educational game, then build a website to present it. In the process, they learn to write and test HTML and CSS code, experience work in
an online IDE (integrated development environment) and practice industry-standard design processes.
Recommended & Required:
- After completing Essentials of Coding, this course is recommended for expanding game design and coding experience for students in Grades 5-12.
- Cloud-based tools are used for this course. No software installation.
- Completing this course takes 15-20 hours.
How It Works:
In Intro to Computer Science: Web Design, students plan and prototype an educational game, then present the results on a website they build themselves. Students plan an action game with a learning goal and do online research about their learning content. While engaged in that planning process, they also learn to use HTML and CSS to set up a customized website where they present their game idea and research. Finally, they learn to work in an online IDE (integrated development environment) to write and test code and manage files.
- HTML: Webpage structure and content
- CSS: Webpage Styling
- Game Design: Research, Concept Development (Backstory, Goals), Writing a Design Plan, Paper-Prototyping, Play-Testing, Presenting
- Graphic Design and Production: Drawing and Paint Tools, Importing Assets, Integrated Development Environment, File Management, GitRepository
- Blogging: You will use a blog to document your learning process, your website build and your game design journey
Learn more about how Globaloria can help your school.